WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN THE MALARIA FREE ZONE PROJECT?
Here's how you can help!
Here’s what you'll need:
1. A few friends
2. Plywood and nails
3. A hammer and saw
5. Any mosquito net, expired or new.
Help prevent Malaria in 5 easy steps:
1. Measure your windows and cut mosquito nets to size, a little bit bigger than the window
2. Cut plywood into thin strips
3. Place the mosquito net over your entire window and secure the net in place by nailing the thin strips of plywood to your window frame.
4. Repeat steps 1-3 with all the windows, doors, and other openings in your home!
5.Tell your friends, help your neighbors, and be sure to send pictures to donorservice@AIDSfreeAFRICA.org!
Frequently Asked Questions
Why not just nail the mosquito nets to my window frame instead?
This strategy can leave openings in the mosquito net as it does not seal off the window completely. In addition, if the nails used do not have a big enough head, this can lead your window screen to fall off completely.
If I have bars on my windows, where should the net go?
The net should be placed in the space between the bars and the windows.